Thursday 5 January 2012

Elf studio Eyebrow kit!

So here's the Elf Studio line Eyebrow kit, I brought this in light as I'm not keen on dark eyebrows with red hair! 

The website says
Eyebrow Kit

Create brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined! The pigmented wax defines and shapes brows and the color complementing setting powder keeps them looking arched and perfected. The doubled sided taklon brush has one side to help arch your brows while the other side aids in filling them in. This duo provides lasting color definition for a naturally beautiful look.

Directions

Use the pigmented brow gel to define and shape the brows with the angled brush for precise lines. Set the color in with the brow powder and fill in with the blending brush for a natural finished look.

Packaging.

So this eyebrow kit comes in a cute little black compact which is silm and easy to carry as it doesn't use much space. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid which is extremly useful. The Gel is on one side and the powder is on the other, there is also a small space underneth both where the double sided taklon brush sits and does not move.

Colour.

The Gel part of the eyebrow kit is smooth and glossy, although I would also say it is more creamy then gel like. The colour is well pigmented but very soft.
The powder side is used for setting the gel and perhaps enhancing the colour and taking away the gels shine. Its loose and very very soft.

In the compact. 

Here's a swatch of the gel and powder, as you can see the gel looks more cream like and the powder is very soft.

This is them layered gel under the powder. You can see its easy to build up colour with the gel and then tone it back down again with the powder. I really really like how it takes the gels shine away.

The brush.
Inside the small compact is a double ended taflon brush that looks like this...


The angled side..

On the website it says that this end of the brush can be used for enhancing arches and precise lines. Although, I use it to do my whole eyebrow. Its really really pointed and hard to go wrong with considering this was the first eyebrow kit I have ever used. The angled brush really helps with aiding the shape and lines.

The 'Other side'..

They don't have a name for this other side. How upsetting I shall call it the powder applicator side as thats what I use it for. Once I have finished applying the gel and i'm happy with the way it looks I use this side dabbing the brush in the powder and then over the top of my eyebrows. It sets the gel and fills in any gaps it also takes away the shine of the gel which I really really like.

Overall.

Overall I think this is a great product, You can use it day time and night time. I also like the quality of this product for the price £3.50 Elf never ever fails to amaze me! I would definitely recommend this product to a friend as its so easy to use even for a complete novice (Hello, I managed!). The colours are well pigmented and I suppose you could use them separately too depending on what you prefer. Just make sure you get the right colour, I think I might try ash next!

Total marks - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment